IntroductionWhat is Vastu?
In simple terms, ‘Vas’ is residence and ‘tu’ means you. It means the place where you reside. Vastu is derived from the Sanskrit word Vaas which means ‘to reside’. In a more broader sense it is not just the house alone but the land or plot on which the house is built, the surrounding area, it’s shape, size, weight, color, architectural design, and many other factors including the type of interior decoration.
It is an ancient Indian science. Vastu, it’s application and effects are mentioned in our all the four Vedas : Rig Veda, Yajur Veda, Som Veda, and Ather Veda. Vastu has also been discussed in our ancient Puranas, Ramayana and Mahabharata. Therefore one can understand that the foundation of this science is so strong, that in many countries historians , scientists, and architects, have carried out in depth study in this field and have found good substance, reasons to believe and follow principles of our ancient science for good. It is unfortunate that in our own country we have still not been able to attach importance to it.
Vastu For Home:- In general, people have an idea that Vastu is all about directions only. But that is just half the knowledge. Vastu is complete when directions and energy of a given location or house is in order. For example, let us talk about your house. The facing of the house, main entry gate location, main door, bed room kitchen, toilets, drawing room, store room, Puja room, underground water tank, over head water tank, septic tank, electricity meter and board, basement if any, their directions matters. Then the center of the house called “Brahmasthan” is very important. All these have to be as per minimum Vastu norms. Thereafter, the plot and the house should have strong positive energy.
Only if the combinations of directions and energy is very good, then residents will live a happy, healthy, prosperous and peaceful life.
Vastu shastra tips:-You must have noticed that in some houses or a particular house, the family residing there is always suffering from health problems. There are houses, where members of family starting from head of family and then age seniority wise suffer from heart related problems. There are also some houses where the entire family continues to live under tensions, fights, bad family relationships etc. Again there are some houses where you can see that they are always under heavy financial debts, or out flow of money is almost to their inflow (income) resulting a permanent financial problem. Earning members keep struggling to earn, but at the end nothing can be saved. There are yet another peculiar problem faced, that is, quite often unexpected expenditures keep happening, causing the earning member to remain under tension.
On the other hand, houses which are Vastu compliant , at least 80 % or the very important parts of the house are in accordance with the Vastu, there people live very happily. There is hardly any problem.
All of you know, that there are five elements.
- 1. Earth
- 2. Water
- 3. Fire
- 4. Air
- 5. Sky / Space
Our body also constitutes of these five elements. And all these five elements are to be in a required proportion. Any imbalance in proportion will cause health problem. If a major imbalance then major health problem, and the like. All these five elements have their individual common and major characteristics. To elucidate :-
- 1. Earth
- 2. Water
- 3. Fire
- 4. Air
- 5. Sky / Space
sound, touch, shape, taste, smell
sound, touch, shape, taste
sound, touch, shape
There are four types of lands.
- 1. Brahmani
- 2. Shatrya
- 3. Vashya
- 4. Shudra
1 Brahmani: This is a land where the earth is white or sandle wood color. The earth is sweet in taste and smells good. Generally this land is plain and is considered to be very good. This land is best suited for Brahmans, intellectuals, scientists, spiritual people, teachers. Persons residing here live very happily.
1 Shatrya: This land is red in color. Smell of this type of earth is like smell of blood. This land is best suited for kings, military, warrior class, police, administrative class, politicians and political leaders.
1 Vashya: This land is greenish / light yellow in color. Taste slightly sour. Good healthy grass , kush – kash grows in this land. Being very fertile it is best suited for agriculture, and farming. Also this land is best suited for carrying out business, shops,, banks, showrooms, and industries.
1 Shudra: This land’s earth is black in color. The land emits foul smell and is of bitter taste. This is not considered to be good land. This is not a productive land, hence no good plants and trees grow here.
Characteristics of good land / plot
1. The land should be plain, white / sandal wood color and sweet smell, of Brahmani characteristics.
2. The earth should be hard and tight, means should not be hollow / loose / unstable.
3. The plot’s earth at least 10 feet deep ( ek Purush) should be clear of all dosh. There should not be any bones, skull, dead bodies, old clothes.
4. Should be fertile. Good trees and plants grow on this land.
5. The size of the plot / land should be square / rectangular.
6. Length and width should be same. 90 degree plot being very good.
7. Slope should be west to east.
8. If there are trees and hills at north west, then very good.
9. Center of the land / plot should be plain, even surface.
10. West should be higher and east lower.
11. The plot should get good sun shine. Should not be under shade all the day.
12. There should not be any hospital, school, railway line / crossing, community hall, cinema hall, Govt office, temple, Shamshan / burial / cremation ground around the plot / land.
13. Eastern side should be more open, light and very less weight.
14. If the plot is open, has good greenery, and a tired person resting there gets a lot of happiness and mental peace, the land is considered to be good.
15. The plot should not get or accumulated flow of drain water of other plots / houses.
Gods / Planets / Elements governing the plot :-
Rahu / Ketu
Before purchasing a piece of land, for residential purpose, It is essential to know the characteristics and history of the land. The following points if found associated with the land in question, means the land is not at all suitable for residential purpose and also for commercial purpose. If residence is built then the occupants will get into major problems.
1. If the plot / land was earlier used as a garbage dump.
2. If the plot / land was earlier used as a cremation / burial ground.
3. If the earth is hollow, and is inhabited by snakes, rats etc.
4. If the earth has animal bones, human bones, rags, clothes, etc.
5. If the earth is loose and does not have water retention strength.
6. If the earth is not fertile and color of the soil is black.
7. If the plot / land was earlier used as an animal slaughter house.
8. If the plot / land is marshy.
9. If the center of the plot / land is concave type, hollow.
10. If the land is barren, not plain, but lot of ups and down.
11. If the plot / piece of land is near to cremation / burial ground.
12. If the plot is very near to railway crossing / railway line or very near to busy main road / busy highway / airport.
13. If the plot is very near to a big temple, mosque, church / community hall / cinema house / public office / court / hospital / police station / mortuary / slaughter house / prison house / or a club house or organization where there is a lot of noise most of the time.
14. If the plot / piece of land is under a permanent shade of a hill, big structure.
15. If the plot / piece of land does not receive morning sun rays at all due to some obstruction at eastern side.
16. If the plot’s eastern side is in an altitude or has cuts and geographical defects…not in a straight line.
17. If the shape of the plot is irregular. (Preference should be given to square or rectangular shapes which are very good).
18. If the plot has all four sides roads.
19. If the plot is exactly in a T location, means the road terminates at the gate / plot.
20. If the plot is surrounded by high rise buildings.
Whenever a plot or a piece of land is purchased it is very essential to dig at least 10 feet deep to physically check the quality of the soil, and if required the same should be replaced with clean soil.
Effects of High and Low portions of the plot.
SE : very bad, son and wealth Gets badly affected.
SE : if higher than NW & NE good, prosperous.
S : if higher than very good. All good things will happen.
SW : Very good. Peace, solace and good development.
W : Very good. Brings wealth and spirituality.
NW : very good. Brings wealth and good Luck.
N : Very bad. Brings poverty, problems to son and bad for wealth.
NE : very bad. Brings ill effects. Tensions.
Center : Very good. Name and fame.
Very good. All round prosperity for son and brings wealth.
In case lower than SW then Good, otherwise, very bad, Brings bad luck, misfortune Death, and fire hazards.
If low, the sure death, disease, Destruction, fear and negatives
Destruction of wealth. Diseases Son’s problem. Tensions.
If lower than SW & SE then ok Otherwise to remain abroad, Fear of death, disease etc.
Very good. All round very good brings wealth good for family.
Very good. Prosperous, good Health, peace, wealth.
Destruction of family, bad in all respects.
Mr Dipendu Ganguly is one of the prominent Vastu Advisor in India. He provides consultation on Vastu Shastra oR Vastu shastra tips.He is an authority on this subject. Also undertakes complete Vastu corrections of residences, factories and any commercial premises as a turn key project.
He is a qualified and experienced Vastu expert. He is :-
BA (Hons) English, (University of Delhi)
Post Graduate Dip Business Management, (Institute of Marketing Management, New Delhi)
Post Graduate Dip Human Resource Management (University of Pondicherry)
Certified Pyra Vastu Expert
Certificate Examination, (Dr Jiten Bhatt, Pyra Vastu, New Delhi)
Vastu Shastra, (Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan), New Delhi
Color Therapy, (Institute of Accupressure, Research & Training , Jodhpur)
He has expertise in assessing the energy level as well as the type of energy that is there in the house, premises, building residential or commercial vastu. The piece of land on which the house is built is very important. If it has positive energy it is good. If negative then to what extent negativity is causing problem and the type of problem , either already causing to the people living or will cause when they will start to live.
Pyra Vastu is a field where Vastu corrective actions can be undertaken without any physical, structural changes. No damage to the building. It is done by energy shifting, energy enhancement, and is primarily management of energy.
VASTU :LAND ACTIVATION CARRIED OUT SUCCESSFULLY AT :-
ZEE NEWS, ZEE ESSEL GROUP, FILM CITY NOIDA
THE GRAND VILLAGE (Party lawns & Resorts) EXP WAY, Near 143 Metro Stn. Gr NOIDA.
INDUSTRIAL PLOT, E – 132 EPIP, KASNA, GREATER NOIDA.
VASTU CORRECTIVE ACTIONS CARRIED OUT SUCCESSFULLY :-
OFFICE OF CEO, ZEE NEWS, FILM CITY , NOIDA.
THREE DEE STUDIOS (P) LTD, KOLKATA.
OFFICE OF THE JOINT REGISTRAR & EXECUTIVE MAGISTRATE, DELHI HIGH COURT.
363 PARADISE COURT, SUKHUMVIT, BANGKOK, THAILAND.
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY (office of Associate Professor), NEW DELHI.
THE KOTHARI MULTITRADE, LAKHTOKIA, GUWAHATI.
RESIDENCE OF OPERATIONS DIRECTOR, HCL TECHNOLOGIES LTD, GREATER NOIDA.
RESIDENCE OF SENIOR MANAGER HCL TECHNOLOGIES LTD. GREATER NOIDA.
AUTO BAAN, RESTAURANT , CR PARK, NEW DELHI.
And many more…
VASTU ADVISE / CONSULTATIONS :-
RESIDENCES ( DOMESTIC ) AT AGRA, DELHI, GOA, NAGPUR, MUMBAI, NOIDA, GREATER NOIDA, PANIPAT, KOLKATA, GUWAHATI, ASSAM.
RESIDENCES ( INTERNATIONAL ) AT BANGKOK, NEW YORK, QUWAIT, BANGLADESH.